For many students, CNA training is a breeze. Whether the courses last three weeks or six months, these students find it easy to read their lessons, understand what the CNA training instructor is saying, and are able to study for and pass every single test, including the most important: the state exam.
For others, however, CNA training isn’t so easy. Some struggle to learn everything they need to learn in order to work as a CNA, and many need a little extra help along the way in order to understand and pass this course.
If you are struggling with your CNA training and need a bit of assistance with studying or even understanding the lessons, you may want to consider hiring a tutor. Here’s how.
CNA Training and Tutors
Tutors can assist students during CNA training in many ways. They can assist students in improving low test scores or grades, raise their confidence, and assist them with learning and practicing CNA skills. If you are in need of a tutor for your classes, there are several ways you can find a great one.
- Online- Online tutoring programs are widely available these days because they are often much less expensive than hiring a tutor in person. With online tutoring programs, you will need access to the internet and a reliable computer, but you may also need access to programs like instant messenger or Skype. These programs will allow you to speak to the tutor, see them, and ask as many questions as necessary.
- University- If you are taking CNA training at a college or university, tutoring programs may be available through the school. Talk to your student counselor and find out how to sign up. These tutors may work one-on-one with you or may help you and a small group of your classmates at the same time. These tutoring sessions are generally available both in person and online, depending on the school.
- Advertise- If your college doesn’t offer tutoring, and you don’t want to take advantage of online tutoring, you can always advertise for private tutoring sessions to assist you with any problems you may be having during CNA training. You may be able to find a retired CNA training instructor or even a working CNA who has the time and ability to assist you in learning the skills you need. Keep in mind, however, that these sessions are generally much more expensive.
Successful Tutoring During CNA Training
Once you’ve found a tutor to assist you through CNA training, making these sessions successful depends on your dedication.
- Always come prepared to tutoring sessions. Bring your text books, notes, and any other materials that could help during the session.
- Before meeting with the tutor, write down a list of questions you might have for them. This will help save time and ensure all of your problems are taken care of.
- Always arrive on time for your tutoring sessions. This will not only ensure you get the most help for your money, but also ensure other students don’t suffer because of your tardiness.
- Always be honest when you don’t understand something. Your tutor may be able to explain it in a different way to ensure you understand it fully and are ready for that next quiz or homework assignment.
Are you struggling in CNA training? If so, you might want to consider hiring a tutor to assist you. With their help, you will have no problem learning what you need to during CNA training.