Every wonder what the secret is to filling out a job application after CNA training? The truth is, there isn’t really a secret at all. Most applications you’ll come across after CNA training are designed to make the process of applying for your CNA job as painless and easy as possible. However, there are a few things you should do when filling out the application to help you stand out among employers and increase your chances of obtaining an interview.
CNA Training: Application Tips
- Be Honest- All of the information on your application after CNA training should be completely honest and correct, to the best of your knowledge. Even one small detail can stand in the way of you obtaining the job you want- or not. Check it over before you hand it back in.
- Proof Read- Some applications will have open-ended questions that allow an employer to get to know you a little bit better. Be careful when filling these out. This is your opportunity to show what a warm heart you have and how dedicated of a worker you will be. You’ll also be able to list the skills you’ve obtained via CNA training here. Be careful, however, to proof read before you hand the application back into your employer. Misspellings and bad grammar can keep you from standing out.
- Call in- If you’ve filled out an application, call in once every two weeks to see if your application has been seen and if any new developments have occurs. Be careful to not seem too eager (or to come across like a crazy stalker.) Letting them know that you are still interested in the position, however, can be helpful after CNA training.
- Don’t Wait- Waiting for specific job openings may sound like the best plan after CNA training, but the truth is, you never know when a medical facility will be looking for help. By applying to as many places as possible, you can ensure your application is at the top of the stack when a company decides they need to hire new CNAs.
- Find out What you Need- Before you apply for a job after CNA training, try to get as much information as possible from your potential future employer. What type of CNA are they looking for? Do they want someone with a lot of experience, or are they willing to hire those who have just completed CNA training? Do you need certain skills that can only be learned on the job? This information will be helpful when you’re filling out your application. It not only tells you what skills and qualifications you’ll need before you turn the application in, but it will also help you stand out if you are able to (honestly) list that you have those skills or qualifications. This info may help you stand out among a sea of applicants.
Fill out Your Applications After CNA Training
Are you looking for a job after CNA training? Fill out every application correctly with these tips and you’ll quickly find what you’re looking for after you’ve completed CNA training.