Transferring Your CNA Training License to Wyoming

cna trainingCNA Training

So, you’ve just moved to Wyoming, and you’re ready to begin living the life you’ve always dreamed about. There’s just one thing standing in your way. While you took CNA training in your previous state and were able to pass the test that granted you the certification, your license does you absolutely no good now that you’ve moved to a different state. Because you’ve dreamed of working in the healthcare field all of your life, you don’t want to give up on your career, but you also don’t want to have to retake CNA training.

So, what do you do?

Luckily, you probably don’t need to. In many cases, the state of Wyoming will allow you to transfer your certification to your new state so you can continue with your dream career. Here’s how.

Transferring Your CNA Training Certification to Wyoming

In order to be employed as a CNA in Wyoming, you’ll need to transfer your certification via endorsement. To begin this process, you’ll first need to contact the State Board of Nursing and have them send you an application for endorsement. If you have any questions regarding this application, this is also who you’ll need to contact.

If the CNA training certification you hold is still active, you should be eligible for transfer via endorsement. However, you may not have a criminal record with felonies or any abuse complaints filed against you by former patients. The application may have require to provide details about the CNA training you took in previous state as well.

To be eligible, you’ll need to complete the following steps:

  • Obtain the application for transfer within four months of your move to Wyoming.
  • Obtain a copy of your social security card to include with the application, along with another type of identification, such as your passport or drivers license.
  • Visit the Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Base and obtain a self inquiry report. Fill out this form completely and have it notarized before sending it to the address provided.
  • Fully complete the application for endorsement, carefully reading all of the instructions that are provided.
  • A verification of certification form will be part of the application. Fill this out and send it to your previous state’s board of nursing so that they can verify that you do have an active CNA training certification. They will send this verification to the nursing board in Wyoming.
  • Submit the application and all requested forms, along with fees of $60 for the CNA training certification and background check.
  • Once the board of nursing receives your application and the two fees, they will send you a fingerprint card. Take this card to your local police station to be fingerprinted, then return the card to the board of nursing.

Transfer Your CNA Training Certification

The Wyoming board of nursing will review your application and inform you as quickly as possible whether your transfer via endorsement has been accepted and whether or not you will have to go through CNA training again.

Leave a Reply